Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Reunion

One day, while Adam and I were engaged, I was meeting up with him on campus, in the parking lot by the HFAC and the WSC. I'm not sure if it was the first time we were meeting that day or not, but I"m sure it had been less than 24 hours since we had last seen each other.

Well, I was standing on the sidewalk, just by the entrance to the lot, near the crosswalk and I saw Adam coming from across the street. He waited for the signal to walk, and then he ran towards me through the crowd of pedestrians. When he got to me, he scooped me up in his arms and started spinning around, hugging me. While he was spinning, I noticed a couple of girls in a passing car pointing and smiling at us. Yeah, we make other people envious.

I like to think of this moment a lot, as it embodies so much of Adam for me: his overflowing and contagious enthusiasm and happiness, his sentimental and romantic sensibilities, not to mention his over-the-top love for me. The fact that he was so excited to see me after such a short separation only makes me that much more eager to see the reception I'll get when I finally do get to meet him again.

Personally, I can't wait.

3 comments:

Shelese said...

How beautiful. I teared up just reading about it :)

julie said...

i can picture this in my head, easily. there's never been a romance like yours.

beta bearden said...

mel, that is such a cute story! you never told me that one, but i love it!