Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Promise

I had a dream the other night that I was sitting in the temple, waiting for a sealing. Adam came and sat down beside me and this was no surprise to me. We sat there waiting with lots of other couples, but no one that we knew so it didn't seem to be a family wedding we were there for. Finally, I turned to Adam and asked him whose sealing we were there for. "Ours," he replied. 'But we've already been sealed," I reminded him. "There's another sealing we need to have," he explained.

When I woke up, I thought a lot about this, especially as it was the morning that I was going to Adam's brother Matt's wedding with his beautiful bride, my newest sister, Wendy. I remembered something I had learned in our Doctrine and Covenants class which made me think.

D&C 76:52 - 55

That by keeping the commandments they might be washed and cleansed from all their sins, and receive the Holy Spirit by the laying on of the hands of him who is ordained and sealed unto this power;

And who overcome by faith, and are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, which the Father sheds forth upon all those who are just and true.

They are they who are the church of the Firstborn.

They are they into whose hands the Father has given all things—


1 comment:

julie said...

wow, cool dream. that was an amazing day in the temple. we are so blessed to have even a glimpse of eternity and the tender mercies that the Lord gives us even in the midst of our trials.