Sunday, January 25, 2009

Not all good things must end

Well, eventually we had to come back home to Utah and get settled into our new life together.  I'd say after our honeymoon ended, but it never really has ended.  So, once our Disney tickets were up, we packed our bags and headed home.  We were met at the airport by Marmee and Julie who drove us to our perfect little apartment where all of our wedding gifts were waiting for us.  Our families had taken great care to get the apartment all set up for us so it would be a home when we got there.  It was a perfect homecoming.  

The next day was back to the old grindstone as we headed off to work at 7 am.  Fortunately for us, we worked at the same time for more than half of our hours so we got to spend a lot of time together, despite both working full time hours.  Life was going splendidly.  But it wasn't long before Adam decided something must be done.  He needed some wheels.  

Usually we either borrowed Marmee's car while she was out of town (which was a lot that summer) or walked to work, but that was getting old and Adam really wanted a scooter.  And when one day he found just the exact scooter he wanted for sale on the Wilk Board, I knew he'd be getting it.  I was all for purchasing transportation, I just preferred the kind that can be used year-round and that I could drive, too.  (I had just recently earned my driver's license a couple weeks after we got back from our honeymoon.)

So, I could tell you all about it, but I think I'll let Adam do that.  He does such a cute job!



One day Adam took me to a parking lot and tried to teach me to drive the scooter.  It took me all of two minutes to decide I was never gonna drive it!  I mean, what is a clutch anyhow??Besides, I much preferred riding behind Adam.  I must admit, it was a pretty sweet ride.  We had a blast driving that scooter all around town.  It really turned some heads! (Or was that the awesomely hot guy driving it?  Of course it was the guy!!!)

2 comments:

julie said...

that video is hilarious! i love to watch it. he's so proud of that thing, and it's so funny to hear him talking about it....trying not to brag but really wanting to! love it!

C, J, and T said...

That video made me laugh! Its so fun to see Adam SO excited about his new toy!