Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Best Day Ever (Part 2)

Once we entered the temple, Adam and I were taken to the registrar's office to take care of some paperwork.  Afterwards, we were separated and I was ushered into the most gorgeous dressing room I had ever seen.  I wish I could have taken a picture.  It was large enough to accommodate about five brides but on this most perfect Tuesday morning I had the whole place to myself.  So, with the assistance of both my moms and one of my sisters, not to mention the occasional help of the sweet and elderly attendant, I was dressed and primped in almost no time.  (Marmee had had a fair amount of practice lacing up the dress for me.  I like to play dress up!)

Next, I was led back out of the dressing room to a table and chairs where I found Adam dressed in white, waiting for me.  The temple workers left us alone there for a few minutes while they went to attend to our guests.  Even if I could describe that moment, I wouldn't.  It is simply too precious.

After the sealing, I returned to the dressing room so Becca could again tend to my curls before we went outside for photographs.   We probably spent hours in front of the camera that day.  After the family got tired of standing around and headed back to Provo to prepare for the reception, Adam and I continued our photo shoot.  We explored the temple grounds fairly thoroughly, stopping every two steps for a kiss.  :)  What can I say?  My husband is irresistible!












3 comments:

Nanci said...

A wonderful, beautiful day. Thanks for joining our family - we are forever blessed! I love you!

Becca said...

I agree--those Cox boys sure are irresistible. Aren't we two of the luckiest girls ever?

Christy said...

The Manti temple really is amazing isnt it... Isnt it great that you are treated like royalty! Im glad it was such and amazing and perfect experience for you. I LOVE the picture of you guys under the tree!