Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Day More!

On Monday, May 1, 2006 Adam and his dad came to my house in the morning to collect my things and take them to our new apartment.  :)  I never even had time to go over there until after our honeymoon!  Our wonderful family took care of getting things set up for us while we were gone.  But that's jumping ahead.

That night we went to Brick Oven for our "rehearsal dinner."  Since there wasn't really anything to rehearse, we just skipped that part and went out to dinner.  Good deal, right?  Earlier that afternoon, Adam and my dad had met for the first time.  {These are the main events I can remember at the moment, but I'm sure there was a ton more going on that day.  I probably was just oblivious to it.  I was a little preoccupied!}

   Yes, this picture is from before Adam and I were even engaged, but I don't have a photo that is applicable to this post, so I just thought I'd add a random snapshot that I don't think I've used before.  (That was a long sentence!!)  Sorry this post is so short but my head hurts.  I'm going to sleep...

3 comments:

julieb said...

that dinner was awesome! not only was it a wonderful chance to get to know the coxes better, but it was a brick oven, baby! you can't go wrong there! the "rehersal" was being a family, don't ya think?

Becca said...

I'm glad I went--even though my morning sickness decided to kick in full throttle at that point! The best part was Julie comforting me in the bathroom. She just made one little comment about it sure being tough to bring kids into the world, but I felt totally validated. I was again amazed at how welcoming your family was to me. Like with Jon and Adam's family, the "in-law" thing didn't seem to matter to them. You got a great family, Melyissa (on both sides, if I do say so myself! ;).

Christy said...

A rehearsal dinner without the rehearsal...now that is an incredible novel and wonderful idea!