Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Best Day Ever (Part 1)


I got up early the next morning.  I had everything ready for the wedding so there wasn't much I had to do beyond getting myself dressed and getting to the temple, but sleeping in was not an option.  I got up, showered, ate some breakfast, and reported to my sister in order to be coiffered.   

We weren't doing anything fancy, just curling my hair a little differently from my normal way.  Becca was about halfway through curling my hair when my curling iron died!  Yes, the curling iron I had used every day of high school and through four years of college died on my wedding day.  Figures!  Well, I certainly couldn't go and buy a replacement with my hair half straight and half curled, so I had to send Becca to the store in search of a new one, while I waited at home, stressing.   Thankfully, she was able to find the exact same curling iron at the nearest store and quickly resume fixing my hair.  

Once my hair was ready and I was dressed in my favorite dress, Marmee and I loaded my wedding gown into her car and headed to Manti.  Adam would be riding down with his parents, of course, and the rest of our family would be following behind later.  Marmee and I had a nice ride to Manti, only managing to get lost once which gave me an excellent excuse to call Adam.  :)

Naturally, the Coxes beat us to Manti.  We had just pulled in to a parking stall when I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Adam walking across the parking lot towards the temple.  While I was watching my handsome fiance, he spotted us and changed course, heading directly for us.  All my life I believed in those wedding traditions about the groom not seeing the bride in her wedding gown before the wedding and neither of them seeing each other the morning of the ceremony.  Well, at that moment, all those ridiculous traditions flew right out the window!  I couldn't wait to be with Adam and clearly, he wasn't going to give me that option anyway.  He helped me out of the car and we walked hand and hand to the temple.  

3 comments:

Becca said...

I hadn't heard about the broken-curling-iron-on-wedding-day before. I'm so glad Becca was able to find the same (but new) iron quickly! And your description of seeing Adam in the temple parking lot is so romantic! Such love and devotion!

Christy said...

That is a little funny about the curling iron. :) And you really did get a good one.

julieb said...

i'm glad you two didn't cave to those ancient traditions. silliness.

come on with the rest of the story already!