Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shameless Flirt

Note: It's 2:00 a.m. for me and I have to get up at 3:30 a.m. in order to be at the airport in time to catch my flight back to Utah. Naturally, I can't sleep. Let's see if this helps.

Adam came in for training the next Thursday night. I had suggested that night because the only other day I worked was Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. and I was hoping to make a good impression on him. I'd be half asleep Saturday morning. :) Thursday afternoon I primped a lot more than usual. I curled my hair, put on one of my cutest outfits, and even wore a ribbon in my hair that matched my eyes exactly. When I got to work, I "neglected" to change into my uniform shirt. That would have spoiled my whole ensemble!

I'll spare you the details of the actual training. He did learn quickly and we were able to squeeze in some small talk and flirting. I tried to be clever about discovering if he had a girlfriend or fiancee, but alas, I failed. And I just knew he had a girlfriend. I mean, how could he not? He was adorable, charming, smart, and hot! I took it as a good sign when he decided to stay and keep training until I got off work at 2:00 a.m. We even walked out together. I offered him a ride (not that I was driving, I was having a police officer drive me home :) but he declined, as he only lived five minutes away from the police station. Still, it was the best time I had ever had at work. Or ever, really. I just loved talking to him. Needless to say, I put him on the schedule for Thursday nights, just like me. (Abuse of power? Maybe. But totally worth it!)

2 comments:

Jon Becca James said...

I'm glad you used your power to get Adam on your shift :)

Kansas City Cox Family said...

Thanks Mel, Adam was always way secretive about how you met. He'd smile and change the subject. The way he did it always made me laugh.

Jon